HIRING FAIR & MATCH UP:
- Hiring Fairs are scheduled for Thursdays, Day 19 of the Construction Ready program.
- By agreeing to participate in the Hiring Fair, employers register to interview graduating participants and make an on-the spot hire at the Hiring Fair. Matches are made via a ranking system. Employers rate participants in order of preference and these rankings are compared with program participants preferences.
- Employers are notified late afternoon on the day of the hiring fair who they have been matched with to hire. Matches/new hires are expected to contact employers Friday after graduation to set up employer screening process before they begin employment.
- Hiring Fairs are hosted at each Construction Ready location.
- Companies that have registered to attend a Hiring Fair will be emailed graduating program participant information (Resumes, Background Checks and Graduate Videos) on the Monday prior to the Hiring Fair.
COFFEE/LUNCH & LEARN (optional):
- Employers may choose to present to participants Day 2 through Day 18 of the program in 30-45-minute sessions about their company, trade and positions they are seeking to fill.
- Afterwards, employers can also identify participants that they want to have a one-on-one interview with prior to the Hiring Fair.